Adult Terms and Conditions of Travel
We are pleased to have you join your Travel Leader, student(s) and friends on a Quo program. It’s important that we create an understanding of what your trip includes, what you are responsible for and exactly what our commitment to you and your family entails.
When you sign up for a Quo program, you are accepting these Terms and Conditions, so it’s important that you read and understand them before you sign up. Your participation is only in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Quo programs are priced in US dollars and are based on exchange rates, taxes and tariffs in effect prior to your trip departure. Increases in airfare, taxes, tips and surcharges may occur prior to your trip being paid in full. Once paid in full, trip prices are guaranteed.
Because restaurants, hotels, activities and some transportation typically charge a bit more for adults than they do for students, all Adult Travelers are charged a $195.00 Adult Traveler Fee in addition to the standard program price.
Included in the price is:
- Airfare: Round-trip coach class airfare from your group departure city. You are responsible for any additional costs incurred in getting to the group departure city. Typically, you can bring one carry on (11 pounds) and one checked bag (44 pounds). (Note, some internal flights may have more stringent weight limitations. Your Leader will inform you of such restrictions.) Students and Leaders are each responsible for their own items. Please make sure you keep track of what you bring and don’t bring anything irreplaceable, as we are not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items. If your bag is too heavy or you have too many bags, additional charges by the airline for baggage are your responsibility.
- NOTE: You are responsible for verifying luggage weight restrictions and Checked Bag Fees for your specific flights. If your bag is too heavy or you have too many bags, additional charges by the airline for baggage are your responsibility. Some airlines now charge extra for checked bags and in-flight meals/drinks. These charges are also your responsibility.
- Overnight accommodations: some nights we stay in hotels, others we give you the opportunity to stay in unique places like universities, monasteries, guest houses, farms and even private homes. Single Room accommodations are typically available, at an extra cost of course.
- 3 meals per day: Dining, food and meal traditions are an essential part of the Quo cultural experience, and we are talking amazing food.
- Tips and taxes: we include these so you and your Leaders don’t have to worry about them.
- Visas (Australia): Visas required for entry by all US citizens to Australia.
Not included in the price is:
- Your passport: Travelers are responsible for the cost of applying for and obtaining their passport prior to the trip.
- Visas: Visas required for US citizens, and non US Citizens to any country requiring a visa based on your citizenship, are not included. IF YOU ARE A GREEN CARD HOLDER OR NON US CITIZEN, PLEASE CONTACT US FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON HOW TO APPLY FOR THE APPROPRIATE VISAS.
- Personal expenses: We’ll make sure you have time to shop for souvenirs and gifts. These items and other personal expenses such as laundry, snacks and other personal items you may need are at your expense.
- Single Supplement: Single guests who are willing to share a room with another program participant will not be charged a Single Supplement if we are able to find a willing roommate of the same gender. If interested in single accommodations, please ask us for Single Supplement costs for your program. This cost varies; our Finance Department can provide cost details for your itinerary. NOTE – the Single Supplement pays for privacy, not premium accommodations.
- “Forced Singles:”We will always do our best to provide a same-gender roommate at your request. However, if this is not possible, you will be required to pay 75% of the Single Supplement for “Forced Single” occupancy.
- Unplanned activities: Quo doesn’t do unplanned activities. And if we did, they would not be included in the cost of the program. Generally, Quo programs are so packed with industry-defining excellence, fun and adventure that nobody can imagine adding anything into their daily experiences – as it is, you already fall into bed in a state of near-exhaustion every night (keeps travelers out of trouble after hours!). However, it is only fair to say that, once or twice upon a time, there was a Travel Group that had a bright idea and wanted to add an activity into their already-unprecentedly-amazing itinerary. Therefore, we must say this: in the extremely unlikely event that your Travel Group decides that they in fact do wish to participate in an unplanned activity, your Leader must first convince Quo HQ that this is a good idea (highly unlikely), and confirm with every single responsible, wise and level-headed travel expert at Quo HQ that the program schedule can reasonably accommodate this additional activity. Quo staff will then confer with your Travel Manager, Leader(s) and our in-country partners to assess the details, activity safety & reliability, and its impact on the overall itinerary schedule. Then, if this bright idea is approved by HQ, all members of the Travel Group must agree to the delay this schedule change creates. Also, all affected members who wish to participate must agree to pay the extra expense this activity incurs, as, again, unplanned activities are not included in the price of the program. Additionally, if any members of the Travel Group do not wish to participate in the unplanned activity, a program Leader must remain behind to chaperone the traveler(s) who do-not-wish-to-participate-but-are-willing-to-let-everyone-else-have-even-more-fun. Finally, every traveler who wishes to participate in said bright idea activity must obtain a Release and Consent form, signed by their parent or guardian and provided to Quo HQ prior to the commencement of the activity. But really, this almost never happens.
- Plus Plan Travel Protection Coverage, including CFAR (Cancel For Any Reason) Insurance: Enhanced travel, medical and emergency coverage, including Cancel For Any Reason insurance – The GroupAdvantage Plus Plan from MH Ross and Trip Mate (click HERE to see coverage details).
The what if’s:
We are open to working with you on any special needs or circumstances you may have. If any of the following apply to you, you really need to contact us so we can see what we can do to accommodate your needs. Keep in mind, we are very flexible, creative and have years and years of experience traveling students and adults, so if there is a way to reasonably accommodate your need, we will find a solution. At the same time, if it’s just not a good idea to do what you’re asking, we’ll let you know. After all, safety is paramount – and after all these years, we trust our experience to guide us. Contact us if any of these apply to you:
- If you have a green card or are not a US citizen
- If you have any mobility, medical, allergy or food requirements
- If you live in a city other than the Leader with whom you are traveling
- If you will not be flying with the group both to and from the trip start and end location
- If you want to leave the group for any reason during the trip (to see a family member, for example)
- If you have any other special need or concern that you would like to address
DEPOSITS AND PAYMENTS:
For a registration to be valid, it must include a deposit of $500 as noted in the payment options below. All deposits are applied to total program price.
Three payment options are available.
|Payment Due||Payment Amount|
|120 days or more prior to departure||$500 deposit|
|95 days prior to departure||50% program cost|
|60 days prior to departure||100% program cost|
Payment in full at time of registration.
Monthly payments (available 120 days or more prior to departure):
120 days or more prior to departure = $500 deposit
Equal monthly installments will be billed the month following enrollment up to 60 days prior to departure. For example, for an October 15 enrollment date and June 15 departure date:
October 15 = $500 deposit
November 1, December 1, January 1, February 1, March 1, April 1 = equal monthly payments of remaining program cost, with final payment due no later than 60 days prior to departure (in this case, by April 15).
REFUNDS AND CANCELLATION FEES:
If you are not able to travel with us after all, you need to let us know in writing via email or mail. The following penalties apply:
120 days or more prior to departure full refund less $250 deposit
119 to 100 days prior to departure full refund less $500 deposit
99 to 89 days prior to departure full refund less $1,000 deposit
88 to 46 days prior to departure full refund less 50% program cost
45 days or less days prior to departure No refund
If another program is available, we will work with you to transfer your registration to that program. Understand additional fees may apply for transferring including a new tuition amount and airfare costs.
We realize sometimes plans change. Should you choose to travel with us in the future, your $500 deposit is fully transferable to a future program year and even to a friend or family member.
TRAVEL PROTECTION COVERAGE:
Please inquire with us about any additional travel insurance we offer, including CFAR (Cancel For Any Reason) Coverage.
Assignment of Insurance Benefit:
By indicating that I have read and accept these Terms and Conditions of Travel, I am authorizing Arch Insurance Company to release payment of benefits under my Travel Protection Plan directly to Quo Student Travel to cover any expenses incurred while attempting to resolve, for the benefit of the insured, challenges that arise in the course of my travel program. I understand that any reimbursement I may receive under the Travel Protection Plan I have purchased would be refunded to Quo Student Travel for any costs prepaid on my behalf. It is also incumbent upon me to cooperate in the facilitation of any refund and in the processing of my Travel Protection Plan claim.
THE FINE PRINT:
And now… for the fine print. We know, it seems like a lot of information, and it is. But the lawyers say that it’s extremely important for you to read it. So, you know, please do.
Traveler’s membership and participation in this program is accepted by Quo only in accordance with, and expressly conditioned upon, these Terms and Conditions of Travel and the following statement of conditions and responsibilities: Quo acts only as an agent in securing accommodations, transportation, sightseeing, tournament participation and other travel services and in no event shall QUO be liable or responsible in connection with or in respect of any acts or omissions of any third party, including but not limited to third party contractors, suppliers, and vendors who render services in connection with the program. All accommodations, transportation, sightseeing and other travel services are provided to travelers subject to all the terms and conditions under which they are offered to the public generally. Neither QUO nor its agents shall be liable for any loss, injury or damage to person or property resulting from, but not limited to, government actions or restraints, disturbances, hostilities, war, epidemics, breakout of disease, quarantines, labor disputes, machinery breakdown, weather conditions, natural disaster, delays, accidents, personal injuries, annoyance or inconvenience or any other cause beyond its control. QUO shall not be liable for any additional expense incurred by any traveler as a result of any of the foregoing causes. QUO and its agents reserve the right to decline to accept or retain any person as a traveler. QUO does not discriminate based on race, national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation or any other category protected by applicable law. Should a traveler have a health or mobility limitation, allergy, severe sight or hearing limitation, or any other medical condition which could restrict or substantially interfere with the traveler’s ability to participate in the program, an aide will be required to accompany the traveler. All travel and hiring expenses for the aide may be the responsibility of the traveler, including a single‐room charge, if needed, unless otherwise dictated by applicable law. The traveler shall be solely responsible for monitoring and shall be able to self‐administer, without supervision, any required and recurring medications, injections, or any other treatments. Program staff, leaders, guides, or any other third‐party, will not hold or administer any medication or treatment that may be required for a traveler. The contents of food products cannot be controlled or guaranteed during travel. All special dietary needs, or monitoring the contents of food products, are the responsibility of the traveler. Should a traveler’s health, physical infirmity, or general deportment, in the sole judgment of QUO and its agents, impede the operation of the program or the rights, welfare or enjoyment of other travelers, QUO and its agents have the right to terminate the traveler’s participation. If this occurs, no refund will be given. The traveler acknowledges and agrees that QUO and its agents shall have the right to contact the traveler by means of telephone, cellular telephone, email or other correspondence. Additional Risks: Travel involves some risk and each traveler acknowledges that there could be hazards of traveling in other countries, undeveloped areas, and that there are hazards when traveling by plane, car, bus, van, boat or other means of conveyance. Additional risks include animal interactions, forces of nature, political unrest, other unrest, hazardous local customs and practices, differing levels of sanitation, differing standards of safety, risks associated with water, food, plants, insects, and differing animal regulation, accident or illness in areas lacking means of rapid evacuation or medical facilities, and acts of national and local governments and unrest and acts of others against governments. You are voluntarily participating in these activities with the knowledge that there are significant dangers involved, and you hereby agree to accept any and all risks. As lawful consideration for the agreement with QUO to participate in the trip and activities, you agree that you will not make a claim against QUO or its personnel or sue for bodily injury, emotional trauma, death, property loss or damage or other loss or expense. You release QUO and its personnel from any and all claims, known or unknown, arising from contracting for, traveling to or from, and in any way participating in a QUO travel program. This release of liability and assumption of risk agreement is entered into on behalf of you and all members of your family and party. This agreement also binds your heirs, legal representatives and assigns.
Any dispute, claim, disagreement or controversy, in law or equity, arising out of or relating to: (1) the Terms and Conditions of Travel; (2) the traveler’s participation in all activities provided and/or organized by QUO or its agents; (3) the acts or omissions of QUO, its employees, agents, and representatives; (4) the acts or omissions of participants or third parties; (5) the organization and delivery of the program; or (6) any other agreement, document or provision of services, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Washington. Each of the parties hereto understand and agree that Washington law shall apply to any and all claims, disputes and controversies, of any kind, arising between the parties, as well as between QUO and any nonparty that claims rights through any party, on behalf of any party or in relation to any party. In addition, each of the parties hereto hereby irrevocably waives, to the fullest extent permitted by law, any objection which it may now or hereafter have to the application of California law to any action, suit, claim or proceeding. Each of the parties hereto hereby irrevocably and unconditionally agrees that any action, suit or proceeding shall only be brought in any federal and state courts located in Spokane County, Washington, and each party hereby irrevocably and unconditionally expressly submits to the personal jurisdiction and venue of such courts for the purposes thereof and hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waives (by way of motion, as a defense or otherwise) any and all jurisdictional, venue and convenience objections or defenses that such party may have in such action, suit or proceeding. Each party hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consents to the service of process of any of the aforementioned courts.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
To enroll in a QUO travel program, you will be required to share personal information with us including, but not limited to, first and last name, home or physical address, telephone number, e-mail address, school, grade in school, occupation, job title, and information about your job/occupation (“Personal Information”). We may retain and use that information for several purposes. For example, the uses may include but are not limited to sending you information about other trips, scheduling travel related to the trip for you, or creating a directory of participants in your trip.
USE OF NAME AND LIKENESS
The traveler hereby consents and irrevocably grants to QUO (and its parent, subsidiary, associated, and affiliated companies, including each of their respective officers, directors, agents, and employees), as well as certain third parties who we feel would be interested in recognizing your achievements, a royalty-free, worldwide right and license to use, incorporate, broadcast, distribute, photograph, film, videotape, record, re-use, publish, re-publish, exploit, adapt, modify, alter and/or edit, reproduce, publicly perform, and display your name, photograph, and photographic likeness, including still, moving and voice, image, comments, submitted documentation, written papers, biographical material, artwork, music, writing, endorsement, portrayal, and/or other visual or physical likeness, in all poses, acts, plays and appearances, in whole or in part or composite, or reproduction thereof, in any and all media now or hereafter devised (the “Materials”), in perpetuity by incorporating, without restrictions or limitation, the Materials into any product or service, whether electronically or in print, including, but not limited to, any marketing and advertising materials, publications, catalogues, brochures, books, magazines, photo exhibits, correspondence, motion picture films, videotapes, commercials, informational, educational materials, and/or any other media, now known or later devised or developed.
By indicating that you accept these Terms and Conditions, you represent that you find all statements contained herein to be true and correct, you acknowledge that these policies are acceptable and pledge to abide by them, and you pledge that you have read, understand and agree to the Terms and Conditions as outlined on this page.