We are pleased to have you join your Travel Leader, student(s) and friends on a Quo program. It’s important that we create an understanding of what your trip includes, what you are responsible for and exactly what our commitment to you and your family entails.
When you sign up for a Quo program, you are accepting these Terms and Conditions, so it’s important that you read and understand them before you sign up. Your participation is only in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Quo programs are priced in US Dollars and are based on all costs, fees and taxes in effect prior to your trip commencing. Increases in cost of program inclusions (lodging, transportation, admissions, meals, etc.), taxes, tips and any unforeseen surcharges may occur prior to your trip being paid in full, which will be your responsibility. Once paid in full, however, trip prices are guaranteed.
Because restaurants, hotels, activities and some transportation typically charge a bit more for adults than they do for students, all Adult Travelers are charged a minimum $195.00 Adult Traveler Fee in addition to the standard program price (may be higher for some programs).
Adult Travelers’ Role on Student Programs:
Quo offers both STUDENT and ADULT programs. Adult programs are custom-designed specifically for adult travelers. Student programs are designed specifically and entirely for student travelers.
We occasionally allow adults to travel on Student programs for the purpose of supporting student travelers.
- This is a very special arrangement that comes with significant expectations and responsibilities related to adult behavior and participation.
- It is essential for the success of an adult traveler’s presence on a Student program that they understand, acknowledge and accept that their role is secondary to student travelers’ experience.
From start to finish, adult participation in the program is at the discretion of the group’s Leader(s).
- Teacher Leaders are 100% in charge of the travel group, and a traveling adults’ role is one of support for the Leaders’ objectives, directions and rules.
- Occasionally, Leaders may ask adult travelers to assist with group supervision, guidance or leadership and compliance is expected.
- Leaders may also ask adult travelers to step back from their typical parental role, if their behavior is seen by the Leader(s) as interfering with the students’ ability to fully participate in and benefit from the program, or in any way compromising student or group safety.
- Adults are expected to participate in the standby capacity of an observer, fully supporting students’ program experience and Leader objectives.
The pace, content and objectives of each Student program are geared entirely to a student audience.
- Adult travelers are expected to “keep up,” cooperate with Leader requests, and follow group rules.
- If adult travelers are unable to maintain program pace or comply with the requests and expectations set by the Group Leader(s), they will be asked to leave the program at their own expense.
If the program content scheduled for the day is not of interest to an adult traveler, it is acceptable for the adult to make alternative arrangements for the day, at their own expense, ONLY with prior approval from
- the program Leader and
- Quo HQ.
However, an exact time and location will be specified for rendezvous with the group. The student group will not wait for you, so if you miss the pre-arranged rendezvous, you will be on your own to devise a way to reconnect with the group.
Because our schedule is rigorous and intricately orchestrated with tour admissions, establishment reservations and transit times, the group is unable to wait for you.
- Leaders are 100% responsible for the success of the program. Adult travelers must comply with Leader rules for the group at all times.
- At times, Leaders may ask for assistance with supervision of students. Adults are expected to cooperate with these requests at all times.
- The pacing of Student programs is designed for a student audience. Adults travelers are expected to keep up, cooperate with Leader requests and maintain program momentum for the benefit of student participants.
Included in the price:
- Transportation: round trip motor coach transportation from your departure city. (You are responsible for any additional costs incurred in getting to the group departure point.) Your Teacher Leader will determine your baggage allowance, but typically you can bring one bag/suitcase up to 44 pounds, and one “carry-on” bag/backpack up to 11 pounds. Some programs may have alternative transportation and thus more stringent baggage weight/size limitations. Your Leader will inform you of such restrictions. Students and Leaders are each responsible for their own items. Please make sure you keep track of what you bring and don’t bring anything irreplaceable, as we are not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items. If your bag is too heavy or you have too many bags, your teacher will require you to eliminate items and reduce your luggage footprint.
- Overnight accommodations: some nights we stay in hotels, others we give you the opportunity to stay in unique places like universities, gymnasiums, State Parks, guest houses, farms and even private homes.
- Admissions: Admission to all planned and published activities and excursions is included in the price of your program. (See “Not Included In the Price” section below about “Unplanned Activities.”)
- 3 meals per day: Quality food is an essential part of every Quo experience. Many programs begin with a “brown bag lunch” that you will be required to bring with you. Following that lunch, all meals are included unless otherwise stipulated in the itinerary. (Some custom itineraries include activities that preclude organized meal service, and you will be notified so you can plan accordingly.)
- Tips: If a bell-person is required to help with bags at a hotel, this tip is included in the cost of the program. Tips for waitstaff in restaurants are also included. Tips for all guides and your motor coach driver are always included. (However, tips for housekeeping staff in hotels are NOT included.)
- Taxes: we include these so you and your Leader never have to worry about them.
Not included in the price:
- Travel Protection/Insurance: Although Quo carries substantial liability coverage for all our travel programs, all domestic travelers and Leaders should be covered under their own personal health and medical insurance. Quo does not provide travel protection coverage for any domestic programs.
- Personal expenses: We’ll make sure you have time to shop for souvenirs and gifts. These items and other personal expenses such as laundry, snacks and other personal items you may need are at your expense.
- Single Supplement: Single guests who are willing to share a room with another program participant will not be charged a Single Supplement if we are able to find a willing roommate of the same gender. If interested in single accommodations, please ask us for Single Supplement costs for your program. This cost varies; our Finance Department can provide cost details for your itinerary. NOTE – the Single Supplement pays for privacy, not premium accommodations.
- “Forced Singles:” We will always do our best to provide a same-gender roommate at your request. However, if this is not possible, you will be required to pay 75% of the Single Supplement for “Forced Single” occupancy.
- Unplanned activities: Quo doesn’t do unplanned activities. And if we did, they would not be included in the cost of the program. Generally, Quo programs are so packed with industry-defining excellence, fun and adventure that nobody can imagine adding anything into their daily experiences – as it is, you already fall into bed in a state of near-exhaustion every night (keeps travelers out of trouble after hours!). However, it is only fair to say that, once or twice upon a time, there was a Travel Group that had a bright idea and wanted to add an activity into their already-unprecentedly-amazing itinerary. Therefore, we must say this: in the extremely unlikely event that your Travel Group decides that they in fact do wish to participate in an unplanned activity, your Leader must first convince Quo HQ that this is a good idea (highly unlikely), and confirm with every single responsible, wise and level-headed travel expert at Quo HQ that the program schedule can reasonably accommodate this additional activity. Quo staff will then confer with your Travel Manager, Leader(s) and our in-country partners to assess the details, activity safety & reliability, and its impact on the overall itinerary schedule. Then, if this bright idea is approved by HQ, all members of the Travel Group must agree to the delay this schedule change creates. Also, all affected members who wish to participate must agree to pay the extra expense this activity incurs, as, again, unplanned activities are not included in the price of the program. Additionally, if any members of the Travel Group do not wish to participate in the unplanned activity, a program Leader must remain behind to chaperone the traveler(s) who do-not-wish-to-participate-but-are-willing-to-let-everyone-else-have-even-more-fun. Finally, every traveler who wishes to participate in said bright idea activity must obtain a Release and Consent form, signed by their parent or guardian and provided to Quo HQ prior to the commencement of the activity. But really, this almost never happens.
We are open to working with you on any special needs or circumstances you may have. If any of the following apply to you, you really need to contact us so we can see what we can do to accommodate your needs. Keep in mind: we are very flexible, creative and have years and years of experience traveling students and adults, so if there is a way to accommodate your need, we will find a solution. At the same time, if it’s just not a good idea to do what you’re asking, we’ll let you know. After all, traveler safety is paramount and we trust our experience to guide us. Contact us if any of these apply to you:
- If you have any mobility, medical, allergy or food requirements
- If you live in a city other than the Leader with whom you are traveling
- If you will not be arriving to and/or departing from the trip start and end location
- If you want to leave the group for any reason during the trip (to see a family member, for example)
- If you have any other special need or concern that you would like to address
DEPOSITS AND PAYMENTS
For your Enrollment to be complete, it must include the specified deposit amount (unless otherwise specified in writing). After the first 72 hours, this deposit is non-refundable, as noted in the payment options below. All deposits must be made in US Dollars. All deposits are applied to total program price.
Which Payment Plan Is Right for You? When enrolling for your Quo Student Travel program, we offer 2 payment options.
1) Payment in Full
Every family is welcome to pay their program cost in full at the time of enrollment.
2) Monthly Payments
For all enrollments that do not include full payment, the traveler is automatically enrolled in a monthly payment plan. All travelers will be set up to make scheduled Monthly Payments if you enroll more than 120 days prior to departure date.
This option requires that the deposit is paid at time of enrollment, followed by equal monthly payments due at the beginning of each of the remaining months up to 60 days prior to departure.
For example, for an October 15 enrollment date and June 15 departure date:
- Enrollment & deposit due: October 15
- then equal monthly payments of remaining program cost:
- November 1, December 1, January 1, February 1, March 1, April 1
- Final payment is due no later than 60 days prior to departure (in this case, April 15)
REFUNDS AND FEES
Sometimes, people change their minds. It happens to all of us, and that’s okay! That’s why Quo allows every enrollment a 3 Day (72 hour) Grace Period, during which you can change your mind about traveling and still receive a 100% Refund.
If, at some point after the first 72 hours of your enrollment, you find that you’re unable to travel with us, we still understand about that but the deposit is no longer refundable.
- We do ask, however, that you let us know in writing via email or mail, so we have a record verifying that you want us to go through the steps necessary to cancel your booking.
- Convenience Fee: a 2% convenience fee is added to credit card payments.
- ACH payments are accepted at our Payment Center page, with a $1.75 fee.
Of course, we want you to travel if at all possible! So, if another program is available and you’re interested, we will work with you to transfer your enrollment to that program. Understand, however, that additional fees may apply for transferring, including a new tuition rate.
Now and then, plans change. Unless you cancel within 72 hours, we are unable to refund your deposit for the reasons outlined above. After 72 hours of your enrollment, Quo retains your deposit as a nonrefundable application fee. However, we really DO want you to be part of the Quo Family, even if you can’t travel this year! Should you choose to travel with us in the future, regardless of the fee schedule, your deposit is fully transferable to a future program year. It’s the right thing to do.
Credit Card Fees:
Because they’re already paid to the bank, fees for credit card payments can not be refunded.
Enrollments received after the Registration Deadline may be subject to additional fees for cost increases.
THE FINE PRINT:
And now… for the fine print. We know, it seems like a lot of information, and it is. But the lawyers say that it’s extremely important for you to read it. So, you know, please do.
Traveler’s membership and participation in this program is accepted by QUO only in accordance with, and expressly conditioned upon, these Terms and Conditions of Travel and the following statement of conditions and responsibilities: QUO acts only as an agent in securing accommodations, transportation, sightseeing, tournament participation and other travel services and in no event shall QUO be liable or responsible in connection with or in respect of any acts or omissions of any third party, including but not limited to third party contractors, suppliers, and vendors who render services in connection with the program. All accommodations, transportation, sightseeing and other travel services are provided to travelers subject to all the terms and conditions under which they are offered to the public generally. Neither QUO nor its agents shall be liable for any loss, injury or damage to person or property resulting from, but not limited to, government actions or restraints, disturbances, hostilities, war, epidemics, breakout of disease, quarantines, labor disputes, machinery breakdown, weather conditions, natural disaster, delays, accidents, personal injuries, annoyance or inconvenience or any other cause beyond its control. QUO shall not be liable for any additional expense incurred by any traveler as a result of any of the foregoing causes. QUO and its agents reserve the right to decline to accept or retain any person as a traveler. QUO does not discriminate based on race, national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation or any other category protected by applicable law. Should a traveler have a health or mobility limitation, allergy, severe sight or hearing limitation, or any other medical condition which could restrict or substantially interfere with the traveler’s ability to participate in the program, an aide will be required to accompany the traveler. All travel and hiring expenses for the aide may be the responsibility of the traveler, including a single‐room charge, if needed, unless otherwise dictated by applicable law. The traveler shall be solely responsible for monitoring and shall be able to self‐administer, without supervision, any required and recurring medications, injections, or any other treatments. Program staff, leaders, guides, or any other third‐party, will not hold or administer any medication or treatment that may be required for a traveler. The contents of food products cannot be controlled or guaranteed during travel. All special dietary needs, or monitoring the contents of food products, are the responsibility of the traveler. Should a traveler’s health, physical infirmity, or general deportment, in the sole judgment of QUO and its agents, impede the operation of the program or the rights, welfare or enjoyment of other travelers, QUO and its agents have the right to terminate the traveler’s participation. If this occurs, no refund will be given. The traveler acknowledges and agrees that QUO and its agents shall have the right to contact the traveler by means of telephone, cellular telephone, email or other correspondence. Additional Risks: Travel involves some risk and each traveler acknowledges that there could be hazards of traveling outside your home, and that there are hazards when traveling by car, bus, van, motor coach, boat or other means of conveyance. Additional risks include animal interactions, forces of nature, political unrest, other unrest, hazardous local customs and practices, differing levels of sanitation, differing standards of safety, risks associated with water, food, plants, insects, and differing animal regulation, accident or illness in areas lacking means of rapid evacuation or medical facilities, and acts of national and local governments and unrest and acts of others against governments. You are voluntarily participating in these activities with the knowledge that there are significant dangers involved, and you hereby agree to accept any and all risks. As lawful consideration for the agreement with QUO to participate in the trip and activities, you agree that you will not make a claim against QUO or its personnel or sue for bodily injury, emotional trauma, death, property loss or damage or other loss or expense. You release QUO and its personnel from any and all claims, known or unknown, arising from contracting for, traveling to or from, and in any way participating in a QUO travel program. This release of liability and assumption of risk agreement is entered into on behalf of you and all members of your family and party. This agreement also binds your heirs, legal representatives and assigns.
Any dispute, claim, disagreement or controversy, in law or equity, arising out of or relating to: (1) the Terms and Conditions of Travel; (2) the traveler’s participation in all activities provided and/or organized by QUO or its agents; (3) the acts or omissions of QUO, its employees, agents, and representatives; (4) the acts or omissions of participants or third parties; (5) the organization and delivery of the program; or (6) any other agreement, document or provision of services, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Washington. Each of the parties hereto understand and agree that Washington law shall apply to any and all claims, disputes and controversies, of any kind, arising between the parties, as well as between QUO and any nonparty that claims rights through any party, on behalf of any party or in relation to any party. In addition, each of the parties hereto hereby irrevocably waives, to the fullest extent permitted by law, any objection which it may now or hereafter have to the application of California law to any action, suit, claim or proceeding. Each of the parties hereto hereby irrevocably and unconditionally agrees that any action, suit or proceeding shall only be brought in any federal and state courts located in Spokane County, Washington, and each party hereby irrevocably and unconditionally expressly submits to the personal jurisdiction and venue of such courts for the purposes thereof and hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waives (by way of motion, as a defense or otherwise) any and all jurisdictional, venue and convenience objections or defenses that such party may have in such action, suit or proceeding. Each party hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consents to the service of process of any of the aforementioned courts.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
To enroll in a QUO travel program, you will be required to share personal information with us including, but not limited to, first and last name, home or physical address, telephone number, e-mail address, school, grade in school, occupation, job title, and information about your job/occupation (“Personal Information”). We may retain and use that information for several purposes. For example, the uses may include but are not limited to sending you information about other trips, scheduling travel related to the trip for you, or creating a directory of participants in your trip.
USE OF NAME AND LIKENESS
The traveler hereby consents and irrevocably grants to QUO (and its parent, subsidiary, associated, and affiliated companies, including each of their respective officers, directors, agents, and employees), as well as certain third parties who we feel would be interested in recognizing your achievements, a royalty-free, worldwide right and license to use, incorporate, broadcast, distribute, photograph, film, videotape, record, re-use, publish, re-publish, exploit, adapt, modify, alter and/or edit, reproduce, publicly perform, and display your name, photograph, and photographic likeness, including still, moving and voice, image, comments, submitted documentation, written papers, biographical material, artwork, music, writing, endorsement, portrayal, and/or other visual or physical likeness, in all poses, acts, plays and appearances, in whole or in part or composite, or reproduction thereof, in any and all media now or hereafter devised (the “Materials”), in perpetuity by incorporating, without restrictions or limitation, the Materials into any product or service, whether electronically or in print, including, but not limited to, any marketing and advertising materials, publications, catalogues, brochures, books, magazines, photo exhibits, correspondence, motion picture films, videotapes, commercials, informational, educational materials, and/or any other media, now known or later devised or developed.
By indicating that you accept these Terms and Conditions, you represent that you find all statements contained herein to be true and correct, you acknowledge that these policies are acceptable and pledge to abide by them, and you pledge that you have read, understand and agree to the Terms and Conditions as outlined on this page.