Italy, Gonzaga & the Vatican
With ancient culture dating back nearly 3,000 years, Italy has some of the most fascinating history in all of Europe.
As the seat of the Catholic Church, it provides an unparalleled opportunity for religious exploration.
In partnership with Gonzaga University’s renowned Florence campus, Holy Names Academy is invited to experience beauty, social diversity, fascinating traditions and ancient culture, while putting faith into action.
Program Snap Shot
- Vatican City: The smallest country on Earth
- Meet with a Priest who lives & works in the Vatican
- Explore the Sistine Chapel and the Vatican Museums
- Provide meaningful service work to communities in need
- The Leaning Tower of Pisa
- Craft, bake & devour your own hand-made pizza
- Walk through Florence guided by renowned faculty from Gonzaga University
- Attend mass at Gonzaga in Florence
- Get a taste of college life abroad by experiencing campus culture
- Participate in a soccer game with locals and refugees
- Study Italian culture & history with GU professors
- Enjoy being a distinguished dinner guest in a Florentine home at “Pasta for English” night
- Examine timeless masterpieces at the Uffizi Gallery
- Marvel at Michelangelo’s “The David”
- Wonder at the awe-inspiring Duomo
- Gain optional college credit