Washington State Discovery
St. Bernadette Students Explore Washington!
Lace up your hiking boots and get ready for an unforgettable trek through beautiful Washington state!
By blending iconic Northwest experiences, unique access to local flavors, and thoughtful lessons from unforgettable people and places, St. Bernadette Parish School students will better understand where they come from — and where they are going.
We’ll excite students’ interest, engage their curiosity and bring their textbooks to life through experiential learning.
Don’t miss out on this jam-packed Pacific Northwest adventure!
Program Snap Shot
- Hands-on, authentic learning focus on Washington’s agricultural industry – understand the economic impact of Yakima’s agriculture for our state
- Visit a working farm: in-depth Introduction to Washington’s agricultural industry, from farming to harvesting, from processing to distribution
- Discover new aspects of Native American cultural history & taste college life at Heritage University, with focused discussion on “Equity, Equality and Social Justice”
- Bring wild-west, pioneer & farming history to life at Yakima’s interactive Agriculture Museum
- Living Your Values: engage in meaningful, sustainable community service with Yakima’s “OIC”
- Learn about the life, labor experiences & education of Migrant Workers & their families
- Share in an impactful discussion about American citizens of Japanese descent who were imprisoned in concentration camps during World War II
- Tide pooling & the Puget Sound, learn about the cultural, economic and ecological role of PNW salmon and other marine life