Washington State Discovery!
Selkirk Middle School Explores Washington!
Lace up your hiking boots for an unforgettable trek through beautiful Washington State!
We blend iconic Northwest experiences and gain unique access to local flavors.
Students learn thoughtful lessons from unforgettable people & places.
In these 3 excitement-packed days, Selkirk Middle School students will better understand where they come from—and where they are going.
We’ll bring textbooks to life through unforgettable, hands-on, experiential learning!
Don’t miss out on this jam-packed Pacific Northwest adventure!
Program Snap Shot
- Yakima Valley’s Heritage – Focus: “Equity, Equality & Justice”
- Life, labor & education of Migrant Workers & their families
- Meaningful Community Service with the OIC
- Visit a modern working farm – understand farming, harvesting, processing & distribution
- Comprehend the economic impact of Yakima’s agriculture
- Discover rich Native American history and culture in the PNW
- Examine campus life at the University of Washington
- Explore Seattle: Pike Place Market, the Klondike Gold Rush, “Seattle Underground”
- Culture, Economics & Ecology: PNW Salmon & other marine life in the Puget Sound
- Washington’s unique immigration history: Roslyn